THE GO2INKAS TOUR OPERATOR AND HOTELS GROUP travel agency, are pleased to invite you to visit Cuzco City Museum. Expands by in the Valley that forms the Huatanay River and the surrounding hills. Its climate is generally dry and temperate. It has two defined seasons: a dry between April and October, with sunny days, cool nights with Frost and average temperature of 13 ° C; and another rainy, from November to March, temperatures average 12 ° C. On sunny days the temperature reaches 20 ° C, although the light wind on the mountain is quite cold.
Cuzco (Quechua: Qusqu, Qosqo), or Cusco (official spelling in the Peru), is a city in the southeast of the Peru country which is its historic capital, it is also capital of the Department of Cusco, located on the eastern slope of the cordillera of the andes, in the basin of the Huatanay River, tributary of the Vilcanota. Formerly, the capital of the Incan Empire and one of the most important cities of the Viceroyalty of the Peru considered heritage in 1983 by Unesco was coming to be compared, due to the large number of monuments has, as the "Rome América¨, 4 hours of Machu Picchu one of the wonders of the world." He is currently the largest tourist destination in the Peru, with an influx of more than one million annual visitors in 2009.
It has a population of approximately 390 000 inhabitants, which ranks it among the cities most populated country and 3350 msnm.
That is to see in Cusco.
• Plaza de Armas, called Huacaypata by the Incas, (place of tears).
• Cathedral, monumental jewel of 16th century.
• Convent of la Merced and the company, with paintings and sculptures of the Cusqueña school.
• neighborhood and Temple of San Blas, district of craftsmen, narrow streets and the Church of the same name.
• Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Pucapucara and Tambomachay, located remains of 4 to 8 km. from Cusco.
• Sacred Valley of the Incas, Pisaq, Ollantaytambo, Chincheros.
• Tipon, Pikillacta and Andahualillas, in the South of Cusco side.
• inca trail to Machupicchu, network of paths to the wonder.
• trekking to Salkantay, Choquequirao, Lares. The first very important in the process of restoration, the two latest towards Machu Picchu, are ecological adventure tours.
• sanctuary of Machupicchu, located at an altitude of 2400 metres above sea level, with an area of 38,448 hectares and contienes Machu Picchu, Inti Punku, Wiñayhuayna, Wayna PIcchu, Temple of the Moon,
• March or April, Movible, religious holiday, Easter, Easter Monday out Lord of the patron tremors of Cusco.
• either may or June, Corpus Christi, procession of the 16 patron saints of districts.
• may June, Qoyllur Rit i mean snow Lucero, holiday in the mountains where pays cult to the Apus and at the same time to the Christ painted on a rock. Lord of the same name.
• 24 June, Inti Raymi, feast of the Sun, Dios Inca, is celebrated in the Qoricancha, Plaza of arms and Sacsayhuaman.
• 16 July, Virgen del Carmen, religious festival in Paucartambo, colorful dances and play around town.
Autorized and Associated